he first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” – Bill Gates
The speed at which we can quickly obtain and organize relevant data to make better decisions is invaluable, if applied efficiently. But when it comes to building managers, how valuable is your facilities and asset data?
The answer might depend on whether your service provider(s) offers an integrated work management system (IWMS) and Customer Portal.
In July 2015, Heide & Cook launched a comprehensive, web-based IWMS that tracks asset and facilities data in real time. Our service technicians enter data in the field through mobile devices to instantly update work orders and asset data. Combined with our easy-access Customer Portal, we’re empowering you with the information to drive greater productivity, efficiency and cost savings. Although there are numerous benefits to an effective IWMS system and Customer Portal interface, here are five benefits to keep in mind when you’re looking for your next service provider:
- Integrated work management systems (IWMS) are key to managing facilities today and in the future. Customers and clients are increasingly called upon to use data to defend business decisions. If your facilities provider isn’t using an IWMS to manage your information, monitor trends and extract insights, you may never have access to the right information, at the right time, in order to make the right decisions.
- To successfully navigate a sea of data, modern IWMS systems can drill down data into actionable insights. Knowledge is power, and a good IWMS system can help you reduce equipment downtime, decide whether to maintain or replace an asset, choose where to best allocate capital expenditures and more. Heide & Cook’s Customer Portal enables you accomplish all of these things.
- The best building managers aren’t just good at what they do – they work smarter, not harder. Long gone are the days of making multiple calls or emails to check on the status of your asset’s critical repair work order, or waiting weeks to hear the results of a scheduled maintenance work order. An effective IWMS system enables you to access information on all of your building information in real time, from anywhere, at any time.
- Technology alone isn’t enough, but technology plus expertise is a powerful combination. By leveraging IWMS, Heide & Cook experts can offer clients a competitive advantage both through access to accurate, timely information via the Customer Portal, and by offering data-driven recommendations and insights grounded in decades of experience.
- It’s your data. Shouldn’t you be able to use it when you want it? Don’t wait for your facilities service provider to provide you with your building information. With Heide & Cook’s Customer Portal, you can access information immediately to allow for fast, quality decision making. Time is money, and IWMS can save you both.
Feel free to reach out to a Heide & Cook representative today to learn more about how our IWMS and Customer Portal combination can help you achieve your goals.